Grilled Beef, Summer Squash, and Onion Salad
I love grilling steaks in the summer. And don't get me wrong, I love a good grilled steak plain. But sometimes it's fun to zest it up a little bit with a steak salad.
I found this recipe from Beef, It's What's For Dinner and it looks so good. I had to share!
It features a New York Strip Steak and an Oak Barn Beef Steak would be absolutely delicious in this. You could do a New York Strip, Skirt Steak, Flat Iron, etc. Whatever yummy steak you have on hand! You'll definitely want to use an Oak Barn Beef steak, though :)
Check out this recipe from Beef, It's What's For Dinner.
- 2 steaks beef Strip Steak Boneless
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Bring vinegar to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Whisk vinegar, oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Press 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning evenly onto beef Strip Steaks Boneless.
- Soak two 10-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread onion wedges onto skewers. Brush onions and cut sides of squash with oil; sprinkle with remaining teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium doneness (160°F), turning occasionally. Grill squash 8 to 12 minutes (7 to 11 minutes for gas) and onions 12 to 15 minutes (13 to 16 minutes for gas) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Cut squash into 3/4-inch pieces. Arrange squash and onions over greens. Carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Arrange over salad. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss.
Leave a comment