Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s)
- What breed of cattle are they?
- Our cattle are predominantly Angus Cattle. We do have Chianina (pronounced key-ania) cattle in our herd, which bring in great tenderness genes that make delicious beef!
- Where are you located?
- In December 2022, we opened a retail front in West Point, Nebraska. The address is 706 S. Lincoln St. West Point Nebraska 68788. You can view our hours here: https://oakbarnbeef.com/pages/storefront
- In 2020, we moved our cattle and the beef business from Unadilla, Nebraska to West Point, Nebraska. Hannah started the business with the grace and help of her parents at their farm, and when Hannah & Eric got married, they moved the business to Eric’s hometown of West Point.
- Is it grass-fed or corn-fed beef?
- Is the beef all-natural or organic?
- We raise our cattle the best way we know how - respectfully. We are not certified all-natural or organic, but we raise the animals with respect. We do use antibiotics when absolutely necessary. We do not implant growth hormones.
- How is the beef shipped?
- The beef is shipped in a ‘cooler’ and a cardboard box. Our small boxes are styrofoam coolers and our larger boxes are a biodegradable insulator (this would have been the one shown in FarmHer if you saw the show!).
- We use dry ice to keep the beef frozen.
- UPS Ground, which means it can take up to 4 days to make it to the coasts. We do this every week, so just keep an eye on your tracking information and let us know if there are delays.
- Here is a map of how long it takes to get to each state:
- When will my beef be shipped?
- We ship once each week on Mondays unless otherwise noted.
- It says you do not ship to my state, is this correct?
- We ship to all 50 states. However, we cannot ship to PO Boxes, so please put in a physical address.
- Shipping will be automatically calculated based on their order and address, so you will not know the exact amount until your order is complete.
- On average, shipping is $25.