Kid Friendly: Grilled Hawaiian Beef Kabobs
Who needs a kid-friendly beef recipe that is perfect for the summer? If so, have you tried the Grilled Hawaiian Beef Kabobs? This dish is perfect summertime meal that has delicious flavors to remind you of the tropics and entice your kids to eat their beef!
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINADE:
6 ounces pineapple juice
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider
1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced ginger
FOR THE BEEF KABOBS:
2 pounds of Oak Barn Beef Kabob meat (already diced and ready to go!) or any other round steak cut into 1" pieces
1 red pepper, cut into 1" pieces
1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 1" chunks
1/4 red onion, cut into 1" pieces
1 zucchini, cut into 1/4 - 1/2" thick coins
Extra cooking oil for greasing the grill grates so kabobs do not stick
- Soak 12 wood skewers in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a medium bowl or resealable container combine marinade ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Save 1 cup of the marinade.
- Add beef to remaining marinade in bow. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate for 24 hours to prep for the day before and stick in the refrigerator
- Meanwhile, add reserved 1 cup marinade to a small sauce pan and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half (You can skip this step, but I love the thick coating of sauce on the beef)
- Prep pineapple and veggies
- Preheat grill to high. Layer beef, veggies, and pineapple on skewers. Use 2 skewers about 1/4" apart for each kabob. Layer them so the ingredients are touching but not smashed together. Divide the ingredients out over 6 skewers.
- Wad paper towels into a ball and hold with tongs. Dip into a bowl of cooking oil, rub paper towel over hot grates to thoroughly coat them
- Grill kabobs for 2 or 3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Brush with reserve marinade when you place them on the grill and each time you turn the kababs. Remove from the grill and serve.
Photo/recipe compliments of The Slow Roasted Italian